Patrick Bet-David is a US author who was born and raised in the Iran. He launched People Helping People Insurance Agency (PHP)to support American families with enterprise system.
The book is focused to encourage the readers not to hold ourselves back but dare to do the impossible.
A quick summary of the 25 laws in 3 major sections. Each law comes with one of several proverbs/quotes.
1. Invest in your identity – There is no time left. So arrange and prioritize time wisely to invest some time on yourself.
2. Let the right ones in – Associate with the right people with positive influence. The book suggests if we can find the right mentors in the team. The jobs can be coachable.
3. Protect your credibility score – Make your word your bond, both to yourself and to others, and you will turn yourself into a person who can be counted on.
4. Strengthen your greatest weapon – “One should never stop being trained. That is a victory. By Sun Tzu”
5. Challenge your way of thinking – “You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinning that created it by Albert Einstein”; The author challenges the readers to list down many “what-if” questions to motivate reader’s thinking.
6. Know your why? – If you why is strong enough, the how doesn’t matter”
7. Work like it’s 1880 – Working hard & working smart are equally important and needs to be co-existed instead of substituted.
8. Elevate imagination to a whole new level
9. Be as curious as Alice – A lesson re-learnt: “Stay hungry, stay foolish”
10. Break away from the old you – Do not wait, everyday is a new day. The best time to start is “now”. Break the old you and establish a new you with the right habits.
Identify your cause
11. Decide to be the chosen one – “Playing a victim only attracts other victims in your life. Being a stud attracts other studs in our life. The choice is yours” by Patrick Bet-David
12. Go “All in” with one industry – Being great at anything takes time, commitment, and consistency. Unlike some commonly seen risk-diversifying materials, the author use Andrew Carnegie’s quote — “The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket.” to emphasize the importance of “focus”.
13. Push the envelope – Pushing the envelop means not being content with the status quo. It means finding out just how fast your plan can fly and how high it can go.
14. Turn your cause into a crusade
15. Channel your obsession – Use ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) as the secret weapon. Obsession grants persistence that leads to success.
16. Evangelize your message
17. Aim for the moon – “Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare” by Japanese proverb.
18. Keep the faith
Go make history
19. Be bold
20. Embrace your frustrations
21. Fight adversity like Muhammad Ali
22. Let Controversy be your status quo – “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him” by David Brinkley
23. Silence your critics
24. Charge your batteries with challenges
25. Have heart – “A ship in a harbour is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.”